Sisters. The ladies in your life who you really didn’t choose, but would have chosen them anyways. The girls who can read your body language quicker than anyone else. The only ones who know when its time to grab some junk food and cry together. And, most importantly, the important women you go through your entire life with. Without mine, life would be dull and unsparkly. Here are 10 reasons why sisters are the best…Actually, here’s 13! 10 isn’t enough.
1. Every night is a sleepover. I mean, really though. Every night you can hang out with each other, watch your favorite TV shows, snack on your favorite junk food, talk on the phone with a friend together, and drink wine/champagne. Well, my little sister can’t drink wine/champagne yet, so she will stick to Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider! What’s even better about this “sister sleepover” concept, is the part where you can go do your own thing once you’re over hanging out and it won’t be considered rude. Let’s face it, there’s nothing more frustrating than a friend who doesn’t get the hint that the sleepover is over once the sun rises.
2. You can always count on her to paint your right finger nails because you “just can’t.” I can paint my left finger nails perfectly—sometimes they look way too good to be true. But the right hand nails, now that’s another story. Your sister probably won’t want to do this extra chore for you, but she still will. Because…she loves you, as annoyed as she may be!
3. She’s the only other girl who you will spend the most of your life with. Sibling relationships are the longest enduring relationships we have. Isn’t that strange, but also beautiful to think about? We’ve known our siblings longer than most of our friends, and will hopefully live longer than our parents.
4. You’re 100% comfortable around her. She doesn’t judge your “crying face,” sleep-talking, or other strange habits you may have! My sister may, or may not, talk in her sleep. She also might sleep with a pillow-pet. I may, or may not, have to sleep with the television on (or some other form or white noise), and I also might still have my baby blanket. You might find this bizarre, but its normal to us.
5. She knows all your secrets. Yeah, maybe she knows that you ate an extra cupcake, or knows the number of times your iTunes account claims you listened to one song over-and-over-and-over again. So what? Its a good song.
6. You never have to worry about getting “bored” when she’s around because its like having a best friend with you at all times, only you can tell them to “go away” once you’ve had enough. I don’t think this needs to be expanded upon.
7. She’s the only one who knows what you’re saying by reading your eyes. Its almost like you have a secret language that only you both understand.
8. She isn’t afraid to tell you the truth, tough-love style. You might need to get your eyebrows or lip waxed, or you really shouldn’t wear that dress, or that you’re acting like a brat! Certainly, this is out of love. She just doesn’t want you to embarrass yourself.
9. She takes you cruising in her car, bumping loud music that only we have heard before (as strange as the music might be). Obviously, you both sing at the top of your lungs the entire drive without even having a normal conversation because you’d rather wait to talk about whatever comes to mind later than turn the music down.
10. You’d rather hang out with her instead of your actual best friends. No offense, sometimes one just likes to hang out with her sister. You understand.
11. She supports you in major events in your life. She’s always your cheerleader, no matter what. Whether you’re right or wrong, she’s there for you.
12. She likes all of your social media posts when no one else does. You can always count on her for a “like”!
13. You obviously get in passionate disagreements, but you quickly make up because you can’t go a day without speaking or “telling them something.”
Check out our sister sleepover below!
“Trust in His timing. Rely on His promises. Wait for His answers. Believe in His miracles. Rejoice in His goodness. Relax in His presence.”
Candle lantern: Pier1 Imports | Faux Sheepskin: Ikea | Dried out Hydrangeas: Personal (not fake) | + Sign Candle: Saarloos & Sons | Champagne Flutes: Waterford Crystal | Fluffy Pillow: Pier1 Imports | Telephone: Vintage | Monogrammed Pillow: Homemade | Personalized Eye Masks: Embroidery By Sabrina on Etsy
Photography: Kristine Cramer Photography